About Us


The Open Road Project exists to spread kindness and meet the needs of strangers. We travel in a 1979 GMC Vanguard named Lily. These are our stories.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Final Duty Shift

As many of you know, I have been a don in residence this past year. There have been many good times with my floor. Snow tubing, cookie decorating, Mandarin dinners, Pizza dinners, Operation Christmas Child, the list goes on.

Well today I had my last duty shift, where I patrol the halls with my menacing DUTY DON vest. This has been a time for me to reflect on the past year. The good times and the bad. While the nitty gritty of some of my experiences is confidential, I have come out with some amazing stories and some even better friends. Also, throughout this year, you, yes you, the one reading this, have become my friend too. I love the fact that you come to read this blog and because of this, I feel that I need to right a wrong that has been done to you. During all this reflecting tonight, I realized that something you read on this blog was a lie. While it was only a very small white lie, a fib some may say, it was still uncalled for. Read back to One Stud Lookin' For a Valentine. You would remember from this post that I told you that I baked the cookies that sat so fresh on that plate. This was a lie. My roomate baked them. Alex, the one I mentioned in another post entitled, Roomies. I should not have taken credit for his wonderful bakesmanship. Thankfully, he has forgiven me.

Now I ask too, for your forgiveness. I usually like to go above and beyond to right the wrongs I have committed. That is why tonight. For the first time ever. I. Jeremy Enns. Baked Banana Bread. (now there's a nice alliteration for all you poets out there) Yes Mother. Yes Oma. I know you may be reading this and it is true, fresh banana bread.

I did this for you. Yes, while it will mostly be me and a select few enjoying my favourite baked good, you can now rest assured that the online profile you read back on Valentines Day is accurate. (also, I'm still single by the way, not one got back to me.. surprise surprise) My last duty shift has been a good time for me to reflect on the year past. Hopefully you aren't mad at me.

ps. thanks again to Alex who saved the day and took it out of the oven while I was dealing with a situation. Thanks to him, my first attempt turned out delicious!

2 comments:

  1. I suppose you'll have to bake some up for me...
    Apology accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alliteration? I'm more of an ASSonance man, myself.

    ReplyDelete