About Us


The Open Road Project exists to spread kindness and meet the needs of strangers. We travel in a 1979 GMC Vanguard named Lily. These are our stories.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Fun Run.

Jamie here. Just so ya know, in a foot-race between Josh Willms and myself, we both think we would win. Obviously we can only think of one possible resolve.

we are going to have to race. ...as fast as we can.

This all started tonight on this fine thursday, walking down the pier. Wilms ran fast, I thought that I could run faster, so I said "Wilm, I can run faster". Now, If this was just some measly, insignificant difference of opinions, it could have been settled right there on the spot. however, for a victor to be named without proper footwear available, and insufficient prep time or race materials, yadda yadda yadda... the race is set for one week from today. Thursday the 30th of June. mark that day down, history will be made. and luckily for you if you care (or at least use our blog to soothe your boredom bored) This event will be fully covered on this here blog. I have signed the agreement making it even so if I lose.

With the location TBD, this event will include timed scores. A cap gun start. a finish line ribbon. pre-race bets. photo finish. loser buys beer. and a whole lotta foot in the mouth for one of us. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment: