About Us


The Open Road Project exists to spread kindness and meet the needs of strangers. We travel in a 1979 GMC Vanguard named Lily. These are our stories.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Meet The Boys Part 2/5: James Grantis

Birth Name: James Anthony Grantis
Credentials: Honours BBA, Wilfrid Laurier; Sandwich Maker Extraordinaire
Bio: If you’ve been following this blog frequently or know me rather well- much of the information that I am about to disclose will likely come as little surprise to you. However, if you do not; Nice to meet you, this is who I am: I live in a great part of the city of St. Catharines, and despite living only a 5 minutes walk from the lake, I am the city kid of this crew. I've slave tirelessly to prove my self to my fellow countrymen, and despite the fact that I rode in a stroller, not a tractor or combine when I was young- they have accepted me as one of their own. I love sports, and competition of any sorts will just about do. I have one brother and I compete with him in some sort of skilled or athletic activity daily. Over the next 5 weeks, I expect no less from my boys. I have lived for at least a few months on three continents, but plan to add to that very soon. Travelling for me is right up there with playing basketball, climbing mountains, exploring cool places, and brushing with danger. One of my favorite writers wrote this quote in my favorite book Into the Wild. He wrote:

“The core of a mans’ spirit comes from his new experiences…with the best joys in life found in one’s passion for adventure.”

- John Krakauer

And despite the very strong spirit adventure that resides in my heart, it has become pretty clear to me that my mind has decided I am a businessman.

So right now I am just living my life. and pretty much figuring it out as I go.




No comments:

Post a Comment