About Us


The Open Road Project exists to spread kindness and meet the needs of strangers. We travel in a 1979 GMC Vanguard named Lily. These are our stories.

Monday, January 24, 2011

It was a normal day like any other...

It was a normal day like any other. I had just run into Jer, Tim and Jennie in the Business building, and was off to class. On the way home i took the long route that kept me entirely indoors, and in doing so, i got into that mode. that Head-down-oblivious-too-everything-BBM mode. Untill suddenly i felt the necessity to pee. so i took a sharp left into where i knew the bathroom to be.
As i walked into the bathroom i can remember the feeling of distinct appreciation for the cleanliness and pleasant sent of this particular washroom. and as i contemplated the possible reasons for the magnificence of this restroom, it was then our eyes locked and my heart sank... me and a female. WHAT HAVE I DONE. i walked into the girls bathroom? this couldn't be!? so i took several steps back and looked at the door.. Ewwwwwwww. I was standing in the girls bathroom. and just like that, my 9 year, 6 month, and 13 day streak since that dreaded day back in grade 5 was over. I can still remember that day vividly, As the high pitched chants "Jamie is an Amy! Jamie is an Amy!" still ringing through my head. kids can be cruel.

new streak since accidentally walking into a Women's Washroom: 00 years 00 months 00 days 03 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment