About Us


The Open Road Project exists to spread kindness and meet the needs of strangers. We travel in a 1979 GMC Vanguard named Lily. These are our stories.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Heirloom

There is a new Heirloom in my family. When I say my family I really mean my future family. I will use a Dwight Shrute quote to explain a little. "Did you hear? Somebody totally rocked the house and got me the best present I have ever gotten." My older sister Emily made me a fantastic painting for Christmas. It will be passed down the generations until my great great great great grandson Jeremy Enns the 7th is like, "Why am I keeping this painting of this old hippy when I can sell it for a million dollars and build 20 schools, 20 wells and 20 hospitals in places that need them?" I would have been dead for so long that I wouldn't even care either. Here is the pic that inspired my sister. Just realize that pictures don't do this work of art any sort of justice, so come by my place and stare at it in real.

No comments:

Post a Comment