About Us


The Open Road Project exists to spread kindness and meet the needs of strangers. We travel in a 1979 GMC Vanguard named Lily. These are our stories.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mobility Pt. 2: The Mobilization of James Anthony Grantis

If you have been a reader of our blog, you would know that Jamie has had some trouble watching all his friends get around in ways cooler than walking. Although he says he has come to terms with it, I know a part of him is still aching. So, I took it upon myself to help him out. While on my way to Church Sunday morning, I saw two fine folks doing something that I could really see catching on, and mainly for Jamie. In case you haven't heard of it, (I hadn't and had to Google a bunch of describing words to find it) what I am talking about is roller skiing. I mean, this picture pretty much sums up how cool it is. But Jamie, being the practical BBA student that he is, would most likely like to have things broken down for him. Ok, so...
PRO'S
-It looks like you can roller ski in any weather giving an extreme advantage over longboarding.
-It looks like you can go pretty darn fast. Check that guy out!
-I think you can achieve maximum style points as a roller skier, especially considering all the different types of helmets, cool sunglasses and awesome coloured spandex shorts.
-You can use the poles to have sword fights anytime, anyplace.
-The neon boots and skis are bound to draw attention in a positive way.
-The more pro's I write, the more I realize that the list will never end.

CON'S
-It's a definite possibility you may get pulled over for going too fast.
-The flocks of girls will have a hard time keeping up with you.
-Your instant celebrity status as the "Rugged Roller Skier" may have the paparazzi from The Cord snapping your pics when you are just trying to listen in your BU 111 lecture or grabbing a chicken finger wrap at the Dining Hall.

So Jamie, take a look at the list contemplate things, and I think you know what to do.

P.S. I have provided a link to help you get started. We can use my eBay account to get a good new set off the internet for cheap.

http://www.xcskiworld.com/training/rollerguide.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment